To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (leica-users-group)
Subject: Fred has a valid point of view.
From: FortunkoC@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 1996 01:27:36 -0400

Friends,

I did not find Fred's comments offensive. He spoke the truth and that hurts.
I do not believe for a minute that Fred wanted to offend anyone.

We should be men enough to listen and present alternative points of view, as
appropriate.

I just saw an old book of photographs by Margaret Bourke-White. The
photographs were wonderful and I am sure that she did not have a 35mm ASPH
lens. In fact, I believe that she was using Contax a lot. Other, less-famous
people I know use the 35mm Summicron to great effect. I try to concentrate on
their technique, which is sometimes aided by the quality of a particular
Leica lens.

Instead of being critical of Fred, let's try to learn from him.

Best regards,

Chris