To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Leica fast ?
From: oguillemain@agora.fdn.fr (Olivier Guillemain)
Date: 03 Jun 1996 15:10:56 GMT

> In the past (when I followed the fashion for autofocus, multi-
> program, evaluative-metered polycarbonate SLRs with slower, more bulky
> zoom
> lenses) I am convinced there were times when I would have taken a better
> photograph, had my equipment been up to scratch.
>
> These are only my reasons for buying fast 'pro' lenses for amateur use;
> other
> LUG subscribers' may be quite different.

I dont still possess a Leica M6 and i have some questions about this mythical
camera :
Why do you say fast lens for a manuel lens ?
How can you work quickly than an autofocus SLR at an high aperture ?
How can you evaluate the amout of light faster than an Electronic SLR ?
I dream to buy a M6 but i fear to be disappointed by the archaism of this
Camera.
What about the lack of Flash TTL, the painful loading of the film, poor
accuracy of the shutter, low synchro flash speed, no mark in viewfinder for
the circle of the exposure meter (how can i measure the light with diff
lens)...
What is the date for a perfect M7 model ?

Help me to clear my reticences
I'll thank all help

|         Olivier Guillemain          |
|         Responsable reseau          |