To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: tested and happy
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 1996 22:30:30 -0700

At 12:41 AM 6/2/96 -0700, you wrote:

>cameras yet have more and more decent pictures. I'll have to buy some
>bulk film and wind up a batch of 10 shot rolls as I tend nowadays to shoot
>only 6-8 pictures on an outing.

I had to use bulk film at work way too long. If you're going to do it,
factory film canisters. They don't pop open when you drop them. If you need
to know how to wind into them, just ask, and I'll tell you.

As for shooting 6-8 pictures on an outing, maybe this is the time to take
some time to refine pictures and shoot more of the same thing, with minor
variations of exposure, focus and composition. Knock off three or four
instead of one real fast, once you have what you think is the best picture
in the viewfinder. That is unless you're a street shooter looking for
decisive moments. <G> I find that this kind of shooting offers me a better
choice in the editing process and avoids ruined pictures from closed eye, or
worse looking into the camera, slightly off focus, something that moved into
the backgound when I wasn't looking, whatever.

I don't mean get a motor and hold the button down. That's lazy, but a
refined technique. No matter how good we get, we can get better with harder
work.

Just a thought.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier