To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Tamron 2x for R Series.
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 1996 07:17:05 -0700

At 08:25 PM 6/3/96 PDT, you wrote:

>Does anybody have any experience with such a beast.  Is it cheap - but worth
>the money? Or should I continue to save my pennies?

Two things. I've owned a Tamron 2x converter in the late 70s. Pretty good.
I've also used the 1.4 converter. It's trash. I would say you'd be much
better off with the Leica converter. Besides, the Tamron will only work on
their lenses. The adaptall mount is on the back, but the mount on the front
is proprietary to fit their lenses without a camera mount intervening.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier