To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica fast ?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 1996 22:59:58 -0700

At 08:46 PM 6/5/96 +0100, you wrote:

>This is simply not true. In adddition to the M6 I use a Leica R7, a
>Canon EOS RT and a Canon EOS 1n. They all allow fill-in flash and I
>don't use it with any of them. The reason? I don't like fill-in flash. I
>have this hang-up about natural light.

Well, fill flahs certianly isn't for everyone. But when you are working for
publication, it is often necessary, because of the limitations of the
reproduction process. I never used fill flash until recently. Because it was
a pain. So I'd resort to other tricks.

And the M6 might "allow" fill flash, but it's nowhere in the same league
with the F4, EOS1n, or N90. The M6 is about the same as a speed graphic when
it comes to fill. It's done in your head, not the electronics.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier