To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Aspherical vs ASPH
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 1996 23:08:11 -0700

At 06:34 PM 6/5/96 -0700, you wrote:

>You don't extrapolate between things, Eric, you extrapolate from things and
>use that data to support a conclusion. You can't say that because a given
>lens is great in the M line that its analog will be equally as good in the R
>line and visa versa.

Well, that's true, but I don't remember using the term extrapolate anyway
except in response to a previous post. And I never made such a claim anyway,
except maybe when it is the same lens in different wrappers, such as the 90
Elmarit or the 135 Elmarit. As for the 35s in the R system, or the M system,
I never claimed they would be equally good, but was pointing out they
weren't. But I was surpised by how much better the R Summilux is than the M
Summciron. Comparisons are fair game.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier