To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica M6 competition
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 1996 08:55:25 -0700

At 10:40 AM 6/7/96 GMT, you wrote:
>Why there is not real Leica M6 competititors ?
>I think if a manufacturer builds a modern manual "Leica M7" with Leica lens
>compatibility he will to beat Leica up !

I don't think so. I heard somewhere Nikon had a rangefinder project in the
works and killed it because it would have cost more than an M6. Leica's been
doing it for decades, and Nikon hasn't since the 60s. They'd have to
completely tool up for the job. Leica just has to replace tools as they wear
out. So where would be the advantage to compete with Leica in such a small
market?

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier