To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Summicron Flare
From: "Charles E. Albertson" <chucko@eskimo.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 1996 20:51:33 -0700

     I don't think it was necessarily the UV filter that caused the goober
in your shot, Roger. I haven't used a UV filter on my Summicron in a long
time, and I still get a lot of flare in my 'contre jour' pictures. Too bad,
as that sort of shot can make an interesting picture when it works (on those
rare occasions when the sun pops out here). About all I can do is move
around and try to frame the shot so I'm not shooting directly into the sun.
I guess I'd be interested to know if the Summilux ASPH controls flare any
better than the Summicron, but for now it's purely a hypothetical interest.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.

Replies: Reply from ole <ole@olep.demon.co.uk> (Pictures of the inside of you camera bag)