To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: crackpot idea
From: Michael Reichmann <michaelr@interlog.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 1996 18:12:34 -0400

At 02:21 AM 06/06/96 +0100, you wrote:
>A few weeks ago or so there was a thread about
>putting lens heads from certain longer Leica rangefinder lenses (90,
>135, 200mm) on suitable adapters and using them on a Mamiya 645 body.
>The coverage was apparently fine and the results wonderful. The
>difficulty I picked up on (I looked into this for myself and talked to a
>man who makes custom adapters in the UK) was that each lens would
>require a focusing mount of some kind in order to permit focusing. This
>would not be a problem with your intended kludge though, as presumably
>you would be using the whole lens on an adapter. I am hoping to do the
>Leica lens head --> medium format slr adaptation myself, but on a Rollei
>SL66 which has its own built-in bellows. I find the whole idea of doing
>something like this very exciting. I, for one, would be most interested
>to hear how you get on with this.
>--
>joe b.

I have the 135mm f/4.0 Tele-Elmar working on a Mamiya 645 Pro via a custom
addapted Leitz bellows.  I didn't make the rig myself, but if anyone is
interested in details I can provide some.

Michael

ps:  While the project of putting this together was fun, frankly suing it
for real world picture taking is slow and the results from my Mamiya 150mm
f/3.5 are almost as good.   :-)