To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Aspherical vs ASPH
From: Michael Reichmann <michaelr@interlog.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 17:19:13 -0400

At 08:30 AM 05/06/96 -0700, you wrote:

>And the ASPH focuses as close as the Summicron, so that argument doesn't
>work on this question either. If you shoot at 1.7 and 1.4 a lot, it is
>definitely justified.
>
>==========================
>Eric Welch
>Grants Pass Daily Courier

Thanks Eric,

I'm travelling in Asia at the moment and have been doing some shooting with
my "regular" 35mm Summilux.  I've decided that I'm going to sit down with
the slides after this trip and try and make a "mature" decission as to
whether the shooting at f/1.4 is up to snuff or not.

I'm leaving Tokyo today, but I'll be back mid next week.  I'm hopeing to get
to the fish market one morning.  National Geo had a story on it a couple of
years ago and it looked amazing.  Have to get there at 5am though!  Should
be good f/1.4 material.

Michael