To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: M6 vs. M6J & M3
From: "Jan Decher" <dech0001@gold.tc.umn.edu>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 96 15:53:21 -0500

Though I am just a "theoretical Leica User"(couldn't afford one yet, just out of
Graduate School), I intend to buy some M-leica in the future and have used two
SM Leicas in the past.
 I heard the commemorative Leica M6J was using the M3 viewfinder system which is
preferred by some users.  Does it only show the 35mm angle of view?  Do many of
you find the 28mm angle of the M6 to wide for taking bictures with the 90 or 135
frames?  I often use selftimers and miss one in the M6 or M6J.  How do people
get around this problem?  Does Leitz sell a good external selftimer?  Was there
really no room in the M6/J for the good ald mechanical selftimer? (sorry for so
many questions).
Jan