To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: 180 F 2.0 R lens
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1996 00:37:15 -0700

At 08:03 PM 6/9/96 -0700, you wrote:
>in very short supply right now.  I was wondering if anyone has had any
>experience with this lens.  Opinions as to quality of this lens are
>welcome.

I know a guy in Germany who uses it for aerial photography (archeology) on
an EOS1n, using the Zorkendorfer adapter. He uses Kodachrome 25 and always
shoots wide open. According to him, there isn't a lens in the world in this
focal length that can touch it for optical quality, including his 180 3.4
Apo Telty adapted to Contax bodies.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier