To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: 50mm Summicron
From: jredfern@ftn.net (J. Redfern)
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 96 08:56 EDT

> The difference is that version III
>produces marginally less shadow detail.

Before I junk my darkroom and turn my back on everything that took me half
a life time to learn, I wonder if you would care to elaborate on this
statement?
        To my knowledge, there is one thing and one thing only that is
responsible for shadow detail and that is exposure. In no way does a lens'
inherent contrast "increase shadow detail".
        I know we often think of Leica glass in terms as nothing short of
"magic" but let's be careful here.
Jae

Replies: Reply from Gary J Toop <gtoop@uoguelph.ca> (Re: 50mm Summicron)
Reply from Hans Pahlen <hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se> (Re: 50mm Summicron)