To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Sebastiao Salgado
From: Edi Weitz <weitz@math.uni-hannover.de>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 1996 22:47:49 +0200

>I heard that Sebastiao used a leica to record the images in his book "An
>archeology of the industrial age."
>
>Which leica and lenses did he use?

Most of the time he used an R6 with 28mm, 35mm, and 60mm lenses. He also has
a telephoto zoom lens (I forgot which one, but I could check at home) but,
according to an interview, rarely ever uses it. But sometimes (e.g. for
"street shots") he also uses an M6 with wide angle or normal lenses. In
fact, one of the most famous portraits (I think it was done by his former
"Magnum" colleague Bruno Barbey) shows him with one of his M6s around his neck.

Bye, Edi.