To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: "NDN" messages
From: gthrall@ix.netcom.com (Glenn Wm. Thrall)
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 1996 21:55:50 -0700

You wrote:

>gthrall@ix.netcom.com (Glenn Wm. Thrall) wrote:
>> I've been getting the following "could not be delivered" note when
>> sending mail to the Leica List.

>>> From: Mailer-Daemon@learnnet.nt.ca (Mailer-Daemon)
>>> Subject: NDN: Re: Case for M6
>>> To: gthrall@ix.netcom.com
>
>It's not Netcom's fault.  "North of 60 BBS" is using FirstClass, a
bozoid bulletin-board system (for Macintoshes only, I think) which can
also connect to Usenet and Internet-based email services.  It has a bug
in it (which its implementers refuse to fix despite having been told
about it years ago) which sporadically sends these garbage messages to
everyone who posts to a Usenet newsgroup: or, it seems, an email
digest.

Ah! Thanks! I wondered what a "North of 60 BBS" was.

>This has gone well past the point of sending polite messages to
sysadmins (not least because any attempt to email the sysadmin will
just give you another "NDN" message back); mailbomb the bastards,

I'll use the Rollei as a gunsight camera and a Leica to photograph the
debris! Hmmmm. Who had the cc:Mail system? That place sounds like it
does indeed need an early wakeup!

Glenn

Glenn Thrall
gthrall@ix.netcom.com