To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Summicron 50: Bad design of sun shade and lens cap.
From: "Otto J. Anshus" <otto@cs.uit.no>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 1996 11:17:55 +0200 (METDST)
Cc: "Otto J. Anshus" <otto@ottoa.cs.uit.no>

A year ago I got the newest Summicron 50mm with the integrated sun shade
and the new lens cap. As far as I can tell the sun shade is really too
small and collapses too easily when pushed offering not enough
protection of the front lens element. And rain and snow (I live at 70'
North) reaches the front lens element too easily.

In addition, the lens cap falls off all the time due to a locking
mechanism made from weak plastic. When I grab the M6 from the bag, and it
comes up without the lens cap, I am never sure if its in the bag or on
the ground.

Optically it is a great lens. But I want the old sun shade and cap back.

Otto
Tromso, Norway