To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Use of CL lens on M cameras
From: kino@netcom.com (Michael L.)
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 1996 16:29:34 -0700

I have a 40mm Summicron C lens which seems to work perfectly on my M-6 and
M-3 (although, obviously, I don't get a 40mm frame in the viewfinder).  I
have read that because the cams are different on M series and CL cameras,
the 40mm lens will not focus accurately, especially wide open;  however, in
my experience, this does not seem to be the case.  The lens produces a
sharp image with the M bodies.

The Leica expert at my local camera store, on the other hand, told me that
using the 40mm lens on my M cameras will damage the focussing mechanism on
the camera bodies.  Is that true?

TIA
Michael Lehmann