To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: the digital vs. the archival
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 1996 12:31:41 -0700

At 01:41 PM 7/9/96 -0400, you wrote:
>   From: Jack Campin <jack@purr.demon.co.uk>

>In any case, I expect that online archival storage companies will soon
>spring up like daisies, and you will pay a fee and have your data
>archived over the net, and the company will take care of copying it to

I've heard of this, you can back up your data to a supporter via the
internet. For pictures too? That would be great!

No more tapes to refuse restoring. I'm waiting with bated breath, and no
tape backup. (Zip drive saves the really important stuff!)

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier
NPPA Region 11 JIB Chair

yip yip yip yap yap yip *BANG* -- NO TERRIER