To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: leica and APS
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 1996 12:31:39 -0700

At 09:11 AM 7/9/96 -0600, you wrote:

>I just don't understand why Sigma and others don't make lenses in Leica R
>mounts. May be they may much more money by selling them to Leica which
>resells them at much..much..much higher prices.

They did. Several Sigma zooms were marketed in Leica R mounts in the 80s.
The must have been flops. I suspect also that in certain countries, Leica
enforced their patents. They have always defended their mount where they
could, to maintain certain standards of what can be connected to their
bodies. I wonder what their arrangement with Tamron was?

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier
NPPA Region 11 JIB Chair

yip yip yip yap yap yip *BANG* -- NO TERRIER