To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica M6-2
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 1996 17:15:10 -0700

At 06:35 AM 7/10/96 +0800, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>There is talk that a  M6-2 will be launched soon.  It is supposed to have
>viewfinder frame lines for 24mm and a new film loading (new for M cameras)
>mechanism similar to conventional 35mm cameras.
>
>Anybody there knows more about this development?

It can't possibly be true. There is not way Leica is going to reduce the
magnification to accomodate the viewing angle of a 24mm lens. It my only be
4 mm different than a 28, but it's a significant difference in reality.

The rumor of an M6-2 is just that, it's a rumor. But there is something like
a CL-2 in development, but when it comes out, who knows? I've heard this
Photokina and I've also heard the next one. And I doubt the film loading
will be changed. It would compromise the sturdieness of the body, or it
would have to be made bigger. No way to either I'm sure.

Remember all the rumors of the Nikon F5? 13 frames per second, 1/500 flash
sync, built in color meter (partially true), built in image stabalization,
new lens mount? None of it was accurate. We will just have to wait and see.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier
NPPA Region 11 JIB Chair

(001) Logic Error CLINTON.SYS: Truth table missing