To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Kyocera & Leica
From: Jack Hamilton <jackham@execpc.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 15:25:59 -0500

> (Yes, I consider Velvia to be one of the scourges of the Antichrist.
> Take a picture of a field of yellow poppies under a blue sky on 6x7
> Velvia and wave it around in the air.  See how those screaming yellows
> and electric blues frighten small children?  Your cats run under the
> table, your dogs start howling at the moon in the middle of the day --
> they're trying to tell you something.)
>
> Now, maybe I'm unfairly pre-judging the Japanese lenses in the Leica R
> line.  The truth is, I haven't tried any of them.

BUT...

And, this is a big BUT...

Photo editors and photo researchers...who pay for my bread...and butter...and Leica
equipment (be it German or Japanese) LIKE THE COLOR. I'm sorry that your cats and dogs
don't...'cause mine do because it buys their kitty and dog chow...

FURTHERMORE I'm not trying to get your cats to use my work, am I? So why should I even
care about your cats and dogs...and even small children???

And your comments about the Japanese lenses for the R system...are useless...because by
your own admission you haven't tried them...

So, just why did you even bother to write this???

Geese, should I even bother to comment???

Cordially,
Jack Hamilton
Milwaukee, Wis. USA