To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Looking for an M-4P and Summicron.
From: zapcomix@silcom.com (ClaudeBatmanghelidj)
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 11:40:07 -0700

        I am looking for an M-4P and 50 or 35 summicron.  What should I pay
for these, and any tips on how I could get a good deal on them.  Also, what
is the straight dope on the 35 summilux?  Is it really a stinker?  I owned
one, and it exhibited many peculiar characteristics.  It suffered from
flare like you would not believe, and often it would produce special
effects like you were looking through teary eyes.  I have photos of flowers
where the color almost seems to bleed.  I actually like these effects,
because they give a dreamlike effect to the images.  I guy I spoke to this
morning in town says that the 35 summilux is a real stinker. But you will
hear others rave about it.  I have not been able to try the 35 summicron,
it's smaller and sharper, right?

                                                                Thanks, Claude.