To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #128
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 23:19:20 -0700

At 02:44 PM 7/16/96 -0400, you wrote:

>predating The current equipment.  My R7 is terribly marred from normal
>handling.  The finish does not hold up to normal use although I admit to
>being less genteel with this piece than with my M6s .  True collectibles
>are those that are made so well that they become classics in design,
>quality or both.

That is a matter of opinion (like that WAS a new thought!).  I like the way
the R7 works very well. It just needs faster flash sync, more sophisticated
fill, and AF. Other than that, I love it. What works for you doesn't
necessarily translate. I learned the R series cameras that are chrome tend
to hold up better than the black ones. Too bad my R7 isn't chrome.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass (OR) Daily Courier
NPPA Region 11 JIB chair

(D)inner not ready:  (A)bort (R)etry (P)izza.