To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Difference between 2 and 3 lug R lenses.
From: "C.M. Fortunko" <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996 07:39:54 -0600

Chuck,

You misunderstood my comment. I own the current Elmarit-M and find it to be
an excellent lens in every respect, except size.

My comment was about the previous lens, the Tele-Elmarit (Type II), which is
of a different construction. I have heard that this lens tends to flare. I
do not own this lens.

However, I do own the earlier Tele-Elmarit and find that it has a different
character than the new lens.

I would like to own the earlier Elmarit, because it would be an ideal lens
for my Visoflex/Bellows combination. However, I have not found one yet.

Best regards,

Chris