To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: The "R3" (was 90 mm., 2 and 3 lug)
From: gthrall@ix.netcom.com (Glenn Wm. Thrall)
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996 09:53:59 -0700

You wrote:

>At 03:29 PM 7/20/96 -0700, you wrote:
>
>>The R3 appears to be a viable alternative. Would an R6 confer
>>significan advantages if both take the same lens systems?
>
>The R6(.2) has ttl flash and fill flash.

(Snip!)

>I would say own both, and risk the R3. Best of both worlds. If you can
>afford the R6, you can probably afford the R3 and the R6 (especially a
used one.)

>Have fun!
>
>===================
>Eric Welch

Then both cameras use the same three lug lenses, with the R6.x adding
ttl and fill flash?

Both would be nice (have to wait until the prices for the R6.x drops a
bit), and losing a thousand dollar system in some third world
(politically correct is "photographer's paradise," non politically
correct is "corrupt and violent third world rat hole.") paradise than
considerably more with the M's.

Better yet would be an adapter allowing the Rollei SL35 lenses to be
used on an R3/6!

Hmmm. Novoflex?

Glenn