To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: The Leica FortéSender : owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 12:32:32 -0700

At 08:26 AM 7/24/96 -0700, you wrote:

>Won't argue that focusing *should* be easier because of the brighter
>viewfinder. Obviously, technology now allows the use of much better mirror
>silvering techniques. But here I go again, today's Canon EOS1n finder is
>equally bright compared to its technology peer the R series, IMO.

One thing I've learned is that brighter is not always better. First of all,
I found that even thought My old Leica R4s benefitted from the brighter R5
screens, my focusing accuracy didn't increase as much as I would have
thought. And with my EOS1n, I had to put in a different screen, with
split-image and microprism before I could focus at all with my 70-200 2.8
lens. Now that it's a bit darker, which actually gives it more contrast, I
can actually see to manually focus. Before, forget it with fast moving
sports. So if you have a bright screen, and find it difficult to focus, it
may not be you!

Eric Welch
Grants Pass (OR) Daily Courier
NPPA Region 11 JIB chair

Don't take life too seriously, you won't get out alive.