To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Focusing screen options for R bodies
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 22:49:20 -0700

At 07:22 PM 7/26/96 +0100, you wrote:

>the R series were improved (made brighter) with around the time of the
>R5 (although I could swear I had one of these in an R4s/II) and you
>could possibly consider one of these rather than a Beattie. I would not
>change the Leica screens in my two R bodies for any off-brand versions,
>even if you paid me! I understand the metering is not affected by
>updating the screens.

Actually, I think you're right. It was the R4sP that first featured the
screens. I just always called them "the R5 screens."

You are right about the metering, and it's because the metering is light
that has gone through the mirror and is bounced down to the bottom of the
camera where the metering cell is. Nothing going up matters.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass (OR) Daily Courier
NPPA Region 11 JIB chair

Don't take life too seriously, you won't get out alive.