To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Leica quality
From: Hans Pahlen <hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 1996 13:55:38 +0200 (MET DST)

What has happened to Leica quality?
Two months ago, before my vacation, I replaced my 15 year old Summicron 35
with a new one, made in Germany. But I was very disappointed, as in the
middle of my vacation the aperture ring got stuck on F/2, and could not be
moved...
As I got home, the lens was sent for free repair, and I am still waiting for
it after two weeks.

I have been using a lot of used equipment, even from the 1930s, that has
never failed. So it was quite a surprise to me that this could happen to
brand new Leica lenses...

Regards Hans