To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: 50mm F:2 Summicron-DR (with eyes) ... Opinions?
From: "C.M. Fortunko" <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 1996 22:16:35 -0600

Marc,

Earlier, a fellow from Holland claimed that the DR Summicron is not very
good at 2.0 and 2.8. This may be so, but have you seen the difference?

It is claimed that the new Summicron has much better contrast and resolution
than the old one. I have recently taken a number of slides with both and
find the DR lens to be most satisfactory. Admittedly, my tests were not
scientific.

Chris