To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: 50mm F:2 Summicron-DR (with eyes) ... Opinions?
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 12:42:18 -0400

I have owned all versions of the 2/50 Summicron and have used them enough to
know that the best of the lot, FOR MY TASTE, is the DR.  I found the current
lens a weak sister compared to both the rigid and the DR, though it is
almost as satisfactory as the original collapsible lens.

There is a slight difference in formulation between the rigid chrome and DR
lens, by the way:  the DR edges out the rigid, or so it seems to me.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!