To: "Leica Users Group" <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Invention Leica segment
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 96 01:57:39 -0700

Caught the 10 minute segment on Leica in tonight's "Invention" on
Discovery channel. It was light but interesting, a little too much
rah rah for me. Neat to see a couple of the examples they showed:
a Leica found in the debris from the Hindenburg disaster, a body
with a huge dent in it from WWII which saved the life of the
photographer when it caught a bullet, and the original Leica, still
functional. Also they showed a quick montage of some classic
photographs, as well as a few blips of a recent all Leica show.

It was worth the ten minutes of video tape. :)

Perhaps the most interesting thing to me was the original motivation
for creating the Leica -- to do exposure testing for 35mm movie
equipment. I'd forgotten that.

godfrey