To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Invention Leica segment
From: Clevenson2@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 12:22:16 -0400

Greetings,

I also enjoyed the all-too-brief segment about the development of the Leica.
I was most enthralled by the movie snippets taken at the factory showing lens
grinding, etc. I wonder whether more of that kind of footage is available. It
would make a great video for those of us who can't get enough of that nfity
promotional stuff.

When I used to own a Mini Cooper, I had a great video made by the British
Motor Car Company that showed the assembly of the vehicles from scratch. It
had some quaint period (1950s) narration and was fascinating.

Does anyone know if the factory (or anyone else) has archival footage or old
public relations-type films available?

All Best,

Corey Levenson
Oakland CA