To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Incomplete Serial Numbers
From: photo-op@ix.netcom.com (Bill)
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 1996 15:04:49 -0700

if
>some other sucker wants to file a bogus claim using a number on one of
my
>lenses, so be it.  That's between him, his conscience, the insurance
>company, God, and the legal system.  Thankfully, I'm not involved.
>

>Marc

Hi Marc,

I don't think that your statement is entirely correct.  Don't insurance
companies list the serial numbers of high dollar items in the N.C.I.C.
computer?

Therefore, if I file a claim using one of your serial numbers, and at
some later date you file a claim with the same serial number, or if you
advertise a lens, body, or whatever with the same serial number and
someone runs it through N.C.I.C. it will come back as stolen.

Regards,
Bill Erfurth
Evergreen, CO US