To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: PX625 Alkaline Battery Tests: Observations and Questions
From: "C.M. Fortunko" <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 1996 16:24:55 -0600

Godfrey,

I wrote the original message. I do not want people to draw conclusions like
that yet. There are other factors that affect meter calibration. I simply
reported the results, but they raised more questions. Please stay tuned.

I don't understand the reasons for the differences. They may have been
affected by the focal lengths used and the internal construction of the
different meters.

My only finding so far is that a new Varta PX625 U battery seems to be less
than one/half stop off relative to the mercury PX625 battery.

I will repeat my meter tests under more controlled conditions, with
different focal lengths etc.

Chris