To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Repair time data point
From: doctorc8@entertain.com (Henry Chu)
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 1996 13:32:50 +0100

>There was some discussion of Leica repair times earlier.  Here is another
>piece of information.  I just sent my R7 to New Jersey to have the rewind
>lever repaired (it came loose after fewer than 10 rolls of film!).  Their
>estimate is that it will take 8 weeks.
>
>Kermit

Kermit,

Their number is 800-222-0118.  Ask for the service department.  I recently
spoke with Brenda Olesin there about my 28mm Elmarit M and she was very
helpful.  I had sent the lens in to have the focus ring tightened.  In the
process the front element was ruined.  They are now sending the unit to
Solms to replace the element.  They were responsive but I wished they had
better quality control.

Henry