To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Leica Repair News: the value of complaining
From: danielk@wharton.upenn.edu (Kermit Daniel)
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 10:30:30 -0500

Last week I posted a note about the estimated repair time Leica gave me for
fixing my R7.  Almost immediately after buying it (new) the rewind lever
came loose;  I sent it to Leica and received an estimate of 8 weeks to fix
it.  Several people responded that I should complain and I did.  One who
responded suggested I talk to Brenda Olesin.  I called her yesterday and
told her that 8 weeks seemed pretty extreme for tightening the rewind
lever.  She called back this morning to say they would have it finished and
in the mail on Monday.   My mild complaining (believe me, it was very mild
--- I'm much too nice for my own good) saved 7 weeks.

For what it's worth, when I first spoke to Ms. Olesin she said they had
hired a new technician who would be starting soon and they expected to get
delivery times back to normal.

Kermit