To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Nikon M6
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 08:47:40 -0700

At 06:32 PM 8/14/96 -0400, you wrote:

>The inflated price of pro cameras and the exorbitant cost of car repairs are
>two issues no one discusses in the presidential election campaign. Well,
>gentlemen, you know who will get my vote: whoever pledges to bring both down
>by 50%. One of the reasons the computer industry is so successful is that it
>constantly reduces prices and uses the market to generate profits thru
>sustained sales volume.

I, for one, would vote for the other candidate, because he is the honest one
who intends to keep his/her promises.

Camera prices have gone up for two reasons. The weakening of the dollar, and
increasing production costs. Pro cameras cost more because they are more
expensive to make. It's that simple. If it wasn't someone would be making
pro cameras for less and keeping the prices down.

Check it out: F5, RTS III, R7, EOS1nRS. They're all close in price, but
which is the least expensive? The R7. (Now that there's a special on them to
make way for the R8).

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier
NPPA Region 11 JIB Chair