To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Nikon M6
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 18:32:52 -0400

Nikon doesn't need to go far to find a first rate paradigm for a true pro
rangefinder. It's their own splendid S2 that they foolishly discontinued in
the late 50s. Had they kept it in the line, with constant improvement, they
would have sold twice the cameras they did until now. We would all have a
Nikon rangefinder system in our mix of equipment.

The inflated price of pro cameras and the exorbitant cost of car repairs are
two issues no one discusses in the presidential election campaign. Well,
gentlemen, you know who will get my vote: whoever pledges to bring both down
by 50%. One of the reasons the computer industry is so successful is that it
constantly reduces prices and uses the market to generate profits thru
sustained sales volume.

Bob R