To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: New Rangefinder cameras
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 17:04:30 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <beamon@mailhost.primenet.com>

> >Plus the fact that the F5 isn't even in the hands of the public yet.
> >Reliability data on it is several years away.
>
> True, but I suspect it's going to be great. Why? Because this is their make
> or break camera with the pros. The N90 is no pro camera when it comes to
> ruggedness. And Canon has been kicking their hinies for the past 8 or so
> years. They had better make it as good or better than anything since the
> original F, or they will probably fade to an irreperable second in pros eyes
> for the foreseeable future.

> Eric Welch

Had you originally said that you "suspected that the F5 would be
reliable, no problem. Your unequivocal statement that it *is more*
reliable than Leica R6 - R7 is where you erred.

Even then, your extrapolation is unfounded. You know what the
road to hell is paved with, right?
--
Roger Beamon,  Naturalist & Photographer
                          Docent: Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum