To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: R7 special (was Re: Nikon M6)
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 17:04:30 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <beamon@mailhost.primenet.com>

> That price was strongly implied, but not directly stated by my local Leica
> rep. He did state directly that it would not replace the R7. He also said
> that it is slightly larger than than the R7, has 1/8000 top speed, 1/250
> flash synch and better eye relief.
>
> kw

That's all I've heard, also, Ken. I can't even confirm the
announcement date as Photokina 1996, something that seems to be
certain according to Eric.

I strongly suspect that it will, indeed, replace the R7. Leica is
loathe to announce this, I'm sure, since it would cut the legs right
from under any R7 sales in the future. Leica gear often sits for
years on dealers' shelves, in spite of what you hear,  and I'll bet the
dealers would raise the devil if such an announcement were made.
They'll just let the dealers continue to cut the cost (maybe with help
from Leica) until they're all gone!
--
Roger Beamon,  Naturalist & Photographer
                          Docent: Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum