To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Re: 20mm Russar
From: Charles E. Dunlap <cdunlap@rupture.ucsc.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 96 17:10:58 -0700

>The rear element protrudes 0.66" from the flange, if any TTL Leica users
>need to know this. Does this allow its use on M5/CL/M6?

I get meter readings using the Russar on my M6, but I don't know yet if
they are correct. I'll have to check. Does anyone know if the metering
works correctly with this lens on an M6?

Until I finish the roll in my camera I won't have much to say about lens
quality, but I do have a comment about the accessory finder: it does not
fit into my M6 flash shoe. It seems a bit too big. I'll have to take some
micro-calipers and see whether it's too wide or too thick. I can have a
friend shave it down in his machine shop, but that's not something I had
heard of other people having to contend with. My flash fits in the mount
nicely so it's not the mount. The M6 is new; could the flash mount be a
little smaller than on other Ms?

-Charlie

            Charles E. Dunlap
            Earth Sciences Dept.
            University of Calif.
            Santa Cruz, CA 95064

          cdunlap@earthsci.ucsc.edu
408-459-5228 (office)    408-459-3074 (FAX)