To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: An Insomniac's Revenge
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 04:29:25 -0400

Fellow Leicaphiles,

Someone made the point that Leica Ms are hard to load, even the latest M6,
somewhat improved with the fixed take-up spool. The unitary body is
traditional at Leica, long after engineering had solved the problems that
required it. I assume that the Leica reflexes are not bound by that
tradition.

The CL Leica kept to the tradition but in a novel way. The unitary tradition
was maintained by making the back the unitary component. It was a brilliant
idea. It could only work with a smaller body, tho. The Minox 35 was designed
along the same lines.

Frankly, I don't think Leica will change the design of the Ms. We've grown
accustomed to struggle with film changing. There were times when I misplaced
the baseplate. But that's another story. Methinks Leica should give us the
body free. They could make it back by charging for it in the lenses -- which
they do anyway.

Patience and Fortitude,
Bob Rosen