To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: black & white film
From: "Charles E. Albertson" <chucko@eskimo.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 1996 19:12:42 -0700

At 10:11 AM 8/28/96 -0400, you wrote:

>I'd be interested in hearing people talk about their favorite black and
>white films that they have used with M-series lenses. My personal favorite
>has been XP-2 but I'm interested in hearing about other films and reasons
>for trying them....

     I've used Ilford HP5+ (and it predecessor, HP5) for almost all of my
shooting for the last 20 years. As best I can recall, I originally started
using the film because it "pushed" better than Tri-X did at the time, but I
stick with it now mainly because I know how it will behave, and I like the
results I get with it --- a nice range of tones with M lenses.
     "Pushability" isn't so important now, since I use T-Max P3200 for the
really low-light stuff. I've been shooting it since it came out (around
1989, I think), but I'm only beginning to get the drift as to its capabilities.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.