To: galta@GBMS01.UWGB.EDU
Subject: Re: Your considered opinion of Leica projector
From: pgs@thillana.lcs.mit.edu (Patrick Sobalvarro)
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 1996 05:13:07 -0400
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

I have a P150 and I can't say that I think much of it.  If I use the
high-capacity trays, it jams, on both plastic and cardboard slides.
If I use the normal trays, it still occasionally jams on the first few
or last few slots in the tray, with the result that I have to avoid
those.  I don't use the projector very often, and yet the autofocus
simply stopped working a couple of months ago.  Since it was still
under warranty, I took it back to the shop and they sent it to Leica.
It's been about two months, and it's not back yet.

I hear good things about the curved-field Colorplan.  The Hektor lens
that comes with the P150 is a flat-field lens, and as a result does
not produce a sharp image across the field if your slides are mounted
in cardboard or plastic.

On the other hand, I've heard other people say they really like the
P150.  Perhaps you would be one of those people.