To: joe-b@dircon.co.uk
Subject: Re: Novoflex M42 lens usable on Leica R?
From: pgs@thillana.lcs.mit.edu (Patrick Sobalvarro)
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 1996 14:59:00 -0400
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

   From: "joe b." <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
   Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 03:36:27 +0100

   I often see Novoflex lenses for sale but with M42 or other mount. Here's
   one example;

   "Novoflex 300mm 5.6 Noflexar complete with pistol grip and focusing
   handle M42"

   and what I wonder is, does this setup allow for the mount to be changed
   so I could use the same lens on a Leica R body?

The Noflexars I've seen have interchangeable mounts.  Maybe some were
made without interchangeable mounts, but I don't know.  I have had
tremendous trouble trying to get a Novoflex Leica R mount from
Calumet, who are the Novoflex distributors in the U.S.  It's been six
and a half weeks, and they claim they were supposed to receive the
mount a week and a half ago, but it hasn't come in yet.  So if you can
get a mount from Brooklyn Camera Exchange, you will probably do better
with them, or if you were to deal directly with Novoflex as some
people suggested I do.  A point of interest, though, is that not all
Novoflex mounts are made equal.  There were three possible mounting
systems they asked me about, and it's not clear whether the person
you talk to at BCE will know about them.

Replies: Reply from "joe b." <joe-b@dircon.co.uk> (Re: Novoflex M42 lens usable on Leica R?)