To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: where to send a Leica lens for CLA?
From: pgs@thillana.lcs.mit.edu (Patrick Sobalvarro)
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 1996 15:21:59 -0400

I want to send my 135mm Elmarit-R in for a CLA, because it has
recently developed some backlash in the focusing ring.  It doesn't
make it hard for me to focus it, but I notice it every time I use the
lens and it gets on my nerves.  Besides, backlash in mechanical
systems that were designed not to have backlash is something that
tends to get worse due to increased wear.

However, I don't want to send it to Leica in New Jersey, because they
have recently been extremely slow at repairs.  For example, they've
had my P150 for a very long time now, like two months, and they've had
an R6 that I had once planned on buying for K&S for about two months
(I bought another R6 from Glazer's in Seattle rather than wait).

So where should I send it?  Is there a Leica service facility in
Canada with good turnaround time?

-Patrick