To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Dark Rangefinder
From: paulaxem@primenet.com (Paul Gong)
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 03:14:27 +0100

Hello.  I have a Leica M3 and the rangefinder is very dim.  It is virtually
impossible to focus in dim light and sometimes quite difficult in bright
sunlight.  The ghost image (the part that moves side to side when focusing)
is very dim, but the stationary part of the rangefinder is easily seen.
How can this be corrected?  Is something dirty or cloudy in the rangefinder
mechanism?  Please help me with a frustrating aspect of what is otherwise
an excellent camera.  Thanks!  Also, what is the filter size of the 50mm
Summicron f2.0 collapsible?

paulaxem@primenet.com                    /__)/__) / / / / /_  /\  / /_    /