To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: [Fwd: Re: Dark Rangefinder]
From: RJF <istr1848@fox.nstn.ca>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 19:27:11 -0700

To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Dark Rangefinder
From: RJF <istr1848@fox.nstn.ca>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 18:59:10 -0700
ms fokkema wrote:

> At 17:51 7-09-96 +0800, you wrote:
> >
> >>If I do have a CLA performed on my M3, that means the little black screw
> >>cap with the capitol "L" on it will have to be destroyed, correct?
> >>
> >>Paul Gong                                 __  __     ____  ___       ___ ____
> >>paulaxem@primenet.com                    /__)/__) / / / / /_  /\  / /_    /
> >>                                        /   / \  / / / / /__ /  \/ /___
> >/--------------------------------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> >That will most likely be the case.  I know of some collectors who will not
> >touch a leica that has "no more L"   For user grade leicas, I do not think
> >this matters very much.  I buy my leicas to be used and I use them to the
> >fullest.  It is the quality of the pictures that matters much more to me,
> >not so much the presence or absence of the "capital L"
> >
> >Dan
> >

> Where can I find this screw, I've never heard about it?
>
> Kind regards,
>
>                 Michiel

The "capital L" is not on a screw. It is stamped into a wax "cap" which
covers one of the screws. This was done so that the Leica service dept.
could tell if the camera had been tampered with. The equivalent of the
"warranty void is seal removed" sticker found on many products these
days (hard disk drives for example).

RJF