To: "'Leica Users'" <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: M3 and Wide Angle
From: rlbunting@lucent.com
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 10:28:21 -0500

I have a Leica M3 that I use with a 50mm Summilux as the mainstay of my available light photography. I finally am ready to get a WA lens for this camera. I also rely heavily on the MR-4 light meter mounted on the camera.

I believe the bug-eye 35mm lens is my main option. I called Leica and found out that it is not possible to modify the view-finder in this camera to include WA frames.

There is a camera show coming up in my area and I would like to begin the search in earnest. Can you help me with the following info?

1) Am I missing an option that would allow me to add a WA lens to the M3?

2) Are there quality differences in the line of ranger-finder ready 35mm lenses? I've seen listings for 35mm lenses that range from f3.5 to f1.4. I prefer f2.0, possibly f2.8 for cost considerations.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Roger (L. Bunting)
rlbunting@lucent.com