To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: New "Leicavit"?
From: gthrall@ix.netcom.com (Glenn Wm. Thrall)
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 1996 05:32:50 -0700

>If this is the Abrahmson rapid winder, which is what W of H have
>advertised recently, then it is also sold by Classic Collection in
>London. Just ask for Andrew in the Leica Shop.
>
>(Incidentally, if anyone has had problems dealing with Classic
>Collection over the net (I know I have!), they are having serious
>computer problems and say to fax them on 0171 831 5424 instead.)

Does anyone know if the Abrahmson Rapid Winder is available from a
dealer in the United States or Canada?

What are the advantages, and disadvantages, to the Leica Winder M and
the Leica Motor M ?

Both seem large and make a compact camera darn near (well, almost) the
size of a Nikon F4s.

However, I'd like to photograph wild birds landing or taking off using
the 135 mm F2.8 (with eyes) lense. I also do sports (my son's games,
nothing exotic, just a heckuva lot of blood and gore and fast action
especially when they play in the Mexican League or against LAPD or San
Francisco!

Glenn

Glenn Thrall
gthrall@ix.netcom.com